Where luxury meets the beauty of Patagonia
Welcome to Chalten Camp, we invite you to enjoy a unique stay in Patagonia. Immerse yourself in the untamed beauty of this region, while enjoying breathtaking views and unforgettable experiences.
Reserve now and embark on your adventure at Chalten Camp
Chalten Camp draws inspiration from the spirit of pioneering adventurers who defied the impossible. Located in a unique corner of El Chalten, we are the first property on the other side of de las Vueltas River.
Our glamping experience is a one-of-a-kind, with stunning views of Fitz Roy, inviting you to connect with nature in its purest form. Our exclusive domes, nestled in the native forest, offer shelter and comfort while providing panoramic windows to the majestic mountain range.
We are committed to sustainability. Together with our guests, we strive to minimize our environmental impact. Through conscious energy and water consumption, we create a unique and special retreat.
Have you ever been a pioneer? Take a chance with us
At Chalten Camp, we seek the balance between comfort and low environmental impact. Our domes are built on wooden stilts, harmonizing with the native forest. Each 27-square-meter unit features a bedroom and a private bathroom.
Indulge in the warmth of our wood-burning stoves, enjoy 220-volt electricity, and rest on queen beds with cozy blankets. Our geodesic structures provide a unique and memorable stay.
With only 12 units scattered in nature, our domes provide an exclusive retreat to experience the breathtaking Patagonian landscape and climate. Every sunrise, drizzle, snowfall, and windy day blends with the warmth of your inner sanctuary, creating a unique daily experience.
Rest and renew in our domes, #why not.
Resembling the houses of the "Old Patagonia" our main dome is the heart of the Camp. Here, you will find the dining room and the panoramic lounge, offering shelter and the ideal space to relax.
With two 80-square-meter domes, our dining room features antique tables that set the stage for candlelit dinners. Whether sharing stories with fellow travelers or enjoying the company of loved ones, you can savor authentic Patagonian cuisine.
Our daily pre-set three-course menu is carefully designed with local ingredients and responsible culinary techniques.
EXPERIENCES AT THE CAMP
At Chalten Camp, we create unforgettable memories. Sleeping in a dome under the stars offers a unique opportunity to feel and discover the true spirit of Patagonia.
Additionally, you can relax and enjoy our camp's spaces. Unwind in hammocks facing the majestic Cerro Fitz Roy, immerse yourself in the serenity of our lounge chairs by Río de las Vueltas, or have a picnic at our outdoor table. Follow the trail along the Las Vueltas river, surrounded by the beauty of lengas and ñire forests. Whether you choose a short stroll to a serene stream or a longer expedition to Estancia La Florida
EXPERIENCE AT EL CHALTEN
The following activities are not included in the rate. These are our recommended options that our team can help you organize:
• El Chaltén is a paradise for hiking and climbing enthusiasts. Explore Los Glaciares National Park through self-guided trails that lead to stunning places like Laguna de los Tres, Laguna Torre, and Loma del Pliegue Tumbado.
• Discover the daring world of climbing with our personalized classes and learn the basic skills to enjoy this thrilling mountain adventure.
• Explore lakes and rivers on an exciting day of kayaking and dive into the beauty of the Patagonian wilderness.
• Embark on an exhilarating salmon fishing expedition in a breathtaking setting and choose your preferred fishing technique.
• For bird lovers, birdwatching in Los Glaciares National Park offers a fantastic experience, as the area is home to 10% of the bird species found in Argentina.
• Take a journey into the history of the pioneers by visiting Casa-Museo Madsen, the former home of explorer Andreas Madsen and witness to life in these lands over 100 years ago.
• Explore mountain biking trails and discover the beauty of Route 41 along the river to Lago del Desierto.
We are dedicated to understanding your needs and tailoring your stay accordingly.
Our hosts are committed to creating a personalized experience considering your preferences, interests, and expectations to help you make the most of your stay at Chalten Camp. We consider weather forecasts, the duration of your stay, and excursions availability to ensure you live unique and exciting experiences.
Allow us to create unforgettable moments of your stay in Chalten!
Chalten Camp is in the heart of Los Glaciares National Park in El Chalten, Argentinian Patagonia. Getting here is easy: Just 3 kilometers (2 miles) from town, a 15-minute drive or a 30-minute walk.
Although the road is gravel and dirt, it can be navigated with a compact car if driven with caution.