The world has been shaped by the dreams of pioneers. Many of them were considered crazy because what their plans were impossible, there was no way to make “those things” happen. Chalten Camp took that heritage and stood up in the most unthinkable spot at el Chalten.
Our Camp offers a unique glamping experience that combines shaw-dropping views of the Fitz Roy, with minimal environment impact lodging. Blended within the native forest, each dome provides shelter and comfort with panoramic “windows” facing the mountain range.
Aiming to find a balance between comfort and low environmental impact, domes are constructed on pilots within the native forest. Each unit has 26 square meters, housing a room and a private bathroom. Equipped with wooden stove, 12 vts electricity, queen size beds, generous blankets and cozy decoration, these geodesic structures are the starting point for a simple, but memorable experience. All of our domes have panoramic “windows” facing the Fitz Roy.
There are three double and one triple domes All of our domes have panoramic “windows” facing the Fitz Roy.
Like the simple homes of the “Old Patagonia” the dinning dome is the heart of the camp, providing shelter and the ideal space to relax, the eighty square meters house the dining area and a panoramic living room. The ideal place to share a cup of coffee, hot chocolate or cold beer while you admire the mighty Fitz Roy.
Breakfast and dinner are served here, the daily menu is based on simple traditional and tasty Argentine recipes.
AROUND THE CAMP
Sleep in a Dome under the stars is an experience itself, rendering a unique opportunity to feel and discover the true spirt of Patagonia. However, there are a wide range of excursions around the camp and El Chaltén that will allows you to discover the history, culture and fauna of this natural haven.
• Mountain biking: Enjoy and explore the bending trails that runs by the river. Duration and difficulty level can be adjust according the group.
• Bird Watching: The wealth and diversity of surrounding landscapes, make it a fantastic spot for bird lovers. The National Park Los Glaciares has 10% of the species found in Argentina.
• Madsen house- Museum: Enjoy a gentle walk bordering the magnificent granite wall that leads back to town, and discover all about Andreas Madsen, pioneer and founder of El Chalten.
AROUND EL CHALTEN
• Hiking in the National Park: El Chalten is a paradise for climbers and trekker, offering a wide range of self-guided trails witch can be made in half or full day. The access to them is really convenient, starting in town.
• Rock climbing lessons: There are few places in South America were you can feel, see and breath rock climbing. Immerse in this intrepid world and take private instruction, learning the basic skills that will allows you to enjoy this mountain adventure.
• Full day kayak: Explore lakes and rivers, getting a complete sensation of wilderness, that definitely enrich your visit to the area.This excursion is for people with good fitness but not necessarily with experience in kayaking.
• Salmon fishing: Go after the massive chinook Salmon in a breathtaking scenery, choosing the fishing technique that adjust best to your taste and expectations.
UNIQUE SAFETY POINTS
• Country side location: You’ll never be surrounded by crowds, enjoying open natural spaces.
• Low scale volume: We can host up to 9 guest in four independent Domes.
• Few common spaces: Enjoy this Glamping experiences involves no other common space but the generous Dinning Dome.
• On-site staff: Our staff lives inside the property, this help to minimize their social interaction, reducing any possible vector of contagious.
• Safety protocols: Our staff will deliver a high quality service, taking all the safety measures indicated by the WHO (World Health Organization), local authorities and best practices of the industry.
• Private and safe transportation from to aiport: Upon request and with extra cost, we can arrange private transportation to minimize the exposure to unsafe social situations.
• Special Cancelation policy: We have a flexible cancelation policy in case of a new pandemic or world catastrophe
Patagonia still been a remote area at the end of the world. Commonly joined with El Calafate and Torres del Paine, El Chaltén is placed in the heart of the National Park Los Glaciares, surrounded by stunning scenery and world-class trails The nearest airport is 200 km away in El Calafate, requiring three hours of gentle driving to join it.
Chalten Camp is nested within the native forest, between Rio de las vueltas and a massive wall of granite, beyond the crowds and lights. Town is just two miles away requiring 15 minutes drive or 25 minutes walking
We can gladly help to organize a private transfer, or giving specific directions if you want to drive your own vehicle.